When it comes to stress, we like to relieve it. It’s an efficient way to work on your anxiety levels and to relax your mind and body. You can choose from many massage types.
Maybe the best way to find out what suits you the best is to experiment and do research.
As one of the most beneficial stress relief options, massages provide your body with enjoyment and improved energy flow.
To relive negative energy, it’s crucial to pick a massage that will meet your needs. Some people prefer deep-pressure massages, while others go with the light ones.
Can Massage Help With Stress?
A type of therapy that involves massages is advantageous in alleviating pain, enhancing mood and fighting anxiety attacks.
It is shown in the study published by the Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington.
Your selected masseuse will find a treatment that works for you. That way, he/she will manipulate your muscles and tissues to relieve stress and muscle tension.
After a massage session, you will feel rejuvenated, and you will be in a better mood.
In addition to that, your cortisol levels (stress hormone) will decrease.
Hence, you will be able to feel how your sleep quality is improving and you’ll feel more energized.
One important fact for women is that a massage can improve their body image.
Thus, it contributes to your self-confidence and psychological health.
If you have doubts about what is the best type of massage to get, you need to know that every massage is different and offers a wide range of benefits.
There are different kinds of pressure, techniques, and methods, and what you’ll choose depends on you and your preferences.
Your initial goal should be relaxation and healing. That way, you will get your energy and balance back.
Some of the best massages for stress relief:
Nevertheless, it can effectively relieve the tension in your upper body and provide you with anxiety and stress relief. It’s quick and beneficial.
- Deep Tissue Massage – When your massage therapist locates the spot that creates pain, he/she will apply deep pressure at that particular Your knotted muscles will be pushed hard to heal them.
However, most of us have trigger points in our muscles that are sensitive. Therefore, it’s essential that you communicate with your licensed massage therapists so that he/she can correct the pressure.
- Shiatsu Massage – It’s one of the ancient healing methods that come from Japan. The name of this massage means ’finger pressure,’ since it consists of work with fingers, along with palms and elbows. A shiatsu massage will improve your energy flow and balance in your body.
It involves stretching on the floor. Benefits of massage range from enhancing internal balance to relieving discomfort, pain, and stress.
- Thai Massage – It’s a favorable method to invigorate your entire body. It’s done by manipulating your muscles and doing yoga poses. Your therapist will use your whole body (knees, feet, legs, and hands) to lose your joints and muscles. Thai massage is both relaxing and energizing.
It will contribute to better energy and enhanced flexibility.
- Aromatherapy – Strong chemicals that essential oils contain can affect your mood. Thus, aromatherapy is often used as an effective method to enhance hormone production. By using warm oils in a hot bath, for instance, you can improve blood flow. Additionally, it can alleviate stress by soaking directly into your skink
You can also try to combine essential oils with candles to achieve more benefits and reduce stress.
Some of the scents that you can experiment with are clary sage, lemon balm, rose, lavender, and peppermint.
If you don’t have time or money to go and visit professionals, there are plenty of ways to practice self-massage for anxiety relief.
Also, you can try touch therapy massage. It’s a gentle approach that is non-invasive and provides relaxation.
It involves light touch, and it’s based on energy.
Can Massage Therapy Help With Depression?
Massages (massage therapy) could help with fighting one of the most common outcomes of everyday stress – depression.
Different methods of therapeutic massage have been used for centuries to reduce depression.
Nonetheless, massages can decrease cortisol levels by 50%. At the same time, they yield increased levels of dopamine and serotonin, which are responsible for the stability of your mood.
To combat depression, even more, you can introduce exercise into your daily routine.
A massage will come in handy if you need to relieve soreness and muscle stiffness.
What Pressure Points Relieve Stress?
- Three Mile Point – This specific spot that is placed two fingers below your knee cap and four fingers towards your outside area of the leg can be beneficial for fighting fatigue. If you apply pressure on it, you will improve your energy flow and concentration. Hold pressure for about 1 minute.
- Grandfather-Grandson – It’s located three fingers behind your big toe on the inside. If you apply pressure on it, you will balance your energy and relieve stress. Also, it can alleviate ankle pain.
- Great Rushing – This spot is found in the middle of your big and second toe. By applying pressure to it, you will enhance your energy flow and unblock the meridians that are choked.
- Outer Gate – This specific spot lies on the back of your arm, 3fingers above the wrist. Applied pressure on this area will improve the function of your immune system and increase energy.
- Inner Gate – This point is placed on your palm, in the middle of your index and middle finger, three fingers above the wrist. If you stimulate this spot, you can prevent heat stress anxiety and alleviate nausea.
- Will’s Chamber – It’s located on your waist, on its midsection, 3fingers from the spine. By applying pressure on this point, you will relieve tension in your back and enhance energy flow throughout your meridians.
- Shoulder Well – This point can be found between shoulders and neck. By stimulating this point, you’ll feel instant stress relief and increased energy flow.
How Often Should You Get a Massage For Anxiety?
The answer to this question depends on your time, money, and requirements. Usually, it’s beneficial to get a massage twice a month.
That way, you will prevent anxiety disorders from occurring, achieve overall good health (mental health / physical health) and improved mood.
The study published by the Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington shows the effectiveness of a massage for anxiety disorder (generalized anxiety disorder).
If you need pain relief, then you will probably need to get a massage more frequently. Two massages per week for about a month should alleviate your anxiety symptoms and solve your problems.
You should also incorporate regular massages if you’re an athlete. It’s an advantageous way to preserve your muscles, improve performance and flexibility.
Some of the best places to get a massage is isolated and quiet rooms. That way, you won’t get distracted, and you’ll be able to relax and enjoy your session.
Do You Wear Clothes for a Swedish Massage?
What do I wear when I go to Swedish massage?" I'll hear this question from time to time. Well, your standard Swedish massage looks like this: a massage therapist — often in a room similar to a spa's reception area — slowly passes her hands over you, kneading out knots and releasing tension while having a conversation with you. If this sounds really relaxing, that's because it is. If you're not in the mood for it, you can ask your therapist to go slow or skip the conversation.
The Swedish technique is used for over 200 different conditions, such as lower back pain, menstrual cramps, and fibromyalgia. And despite popular belief, you don't need to be a woman to receive a Swedish massage. Therapists work on men, women, and even children. Though the technique is designed to be gentle, the therapist will occasionally pinch or turn your skin, and when they're doing this, they're using their hands to press or pull on your body. This can be a bit uncomfortable, but the feeling is often quite relaxing, according to James Nord, a massage therapist in New York City.
Is Massage Good for Stress and Anxiety?
Yvette DeMaria is a massage therapist who gives health care to people all over the world. She says she has seen many clients who come in with injuries and stress and often find relief in a deep tissue massage, which aims to relax the muscles in the body. Massage can do amazing things for stress," she says. "In the body, it releases a hormone called nitric oxide, which is known to have a calming effect on your nervous system. In people who are anxious, it helps to lessen anxiety and stress. An hour-long massage can work wonders for reducing pain and improving sleep. Massage therapy also has a number of other benefits, including the power to help relieve.
Massages have become popular due to their physical and mental health benefits over the last few years.
They are helpful when it comes to increasing the function of your immune system and relieving pain or stress.
A professional massage therapist can target the painful area, and that way provides you with pain relief.
If you need additional information about its benefits, you can look at the study published by the Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester.
Also, a massage can elevate your blood flow, along with your mood. Breathing will be more natural, and your heart rate will be lower. In addition to that, it offers better and more quality sleep.