A massage chair is a beneficial investment that helps you to relieve pain, alleviate joint issues, suppress depression and reduce stress.
Many professional therapists recommend this way of therapy to treat anxiety or chronic pain.
For instance, a pulled muscle and strained back require immediate treatment with ice and pain relievers. If you include a massage chair in your treatment, you may improve and speed up the healing process.
In case of the muscle spasm and muscle soreness, you could use this method to relieve the pain.
Your immune system and blood flow will improve by using a massage chair on a daily basis. A massage chair could be used to relax the entire body. Among other things, it soothes aching muscles, improves digestion and relieves or prevents headaches.
If you’re a desk worker, having a massage chair could enhance the quality of your life and sleep.
This Massage Chair Buying Guide will answer all of your questions that you may have, before buying a massage chair.
What To Look For In a Massage Chair
Maintaining a good posture while sitting and having a comfortable chair are crucial for avoiding neck, shoulder and back ailments. You can benefit even more if you add everyday activity, stretching and massage to your daily routine.
Due to the mobility and convenience that a massage chair provides, many individuals choose this method to treat a condition or to improve health.
If you have a question - Should I buy a massage chair? before you answer it, there are several facts you need to consider.
- Functions – If you choose a low-end massage chair, you will get rolling massage with a simple However, a high-end massage provides a big range of features you can choose from. A shiatsu massage chair will press and sway pressure points on your entire body.
A zero-gravity chair offers massage with a zero-gravity position as an option. One of them is the Real Relax Massage Chair with excellent reviews. A Swedish massage chair offers light and kneading movements.
A rolling massage chair has rollers on the back to target muscles. Also it is great to know the differences between L-track chairs and S-track models. A robotic massage chair has vibrating components. Additional techniques that you might find on the market are percussion and kneading. To know what type of chair works the best for you, compare massage chairs and choose one option.
- Positions – Almost every massage chair offers leg, foot, arm or wrist massages besides back massage. Airbags, heads, and rollers deliver these area options. Rollers come in different height and width. Airbags help to improve your blood flow by delivering to your muscles pressurized air. If a chair comes with a heating function, you could add relaxation to your muscles. If you choose a high-quality expensive chair, you may get a thumb-like massage head.
- Overall cost - Its price could depend on its features, manufacturer, quality, type of materials and appearance. Therefore, if you want to save money and stay within your budget, cut out features that you don’t need and won’t use.
- Dimensions - Your bedroom or office might be one of the options for location since almost every massage chair is significant and requires enough room. However, if it comes with a head or foot recliner, you won’t be able to put it in the corner of the room. Hence, before buying it, measure the room and you’ll see how much space you’ll need. If you want to move it around, you are able to choose a chair with wheels.
- Durability- Since most of the chairs include moving parts, tricky components, and wires, every chair is prone to damages. A chair with a modular design will allow you to send only a broken part for repair instead of shipping the whole chair. Due to its dimensions and weight, repairing it is often expensive. Thus, choosing a durable massage chair will help you to avoid additional costs with repairing.
- Warranty - When it comes to warranty, it’s important to know what it covers and how long it lasts. Therefore, before making a purchase, ensure that it covers labor and parts at least.
- Cusatomer service of the company - Companies that sell massage chairs always have a chat service to help you with your problems. If you have someone from the company to help you with your problems, you might avoid repairing it and additional paying.
- Features – Rollers, airbags, recline options, heating, number of motors and massage programs could ensure you a massage chair that could be more beneficial for a long time. If you’re very tall, try to find a massage chair with leg extenders and adjustable neck rest.
- Power – The massage strength depends on the number of motors that a chair contains. If there’s a bigger number, the power will be at a greater If your chair offers more options, your body won’t adapt to only one power. Furthermore, a removable padding could offer you an additional level of strength.
- Fabric – A massage chair could be synthetic or leather. Most of them are synthetic because of its durability. Your chair will generate constant movements and heat, and synthetic fabrics are made to withstand the tear that comes as a consequence.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy
- Relieves back pain – A massage chair could benefit for people who suffer from aches, fatigue or pain in your back on a daily basis. It has almost the same efficiency as a treatment that includes meditation or acupuncture.
A reclining massage chair reduces pressure on your spine. It supports the back by putting you in a horizontal position.
That way, nerve impulses travel without difficulties through the spinal column to the hands, feet or fingers.
- Improves sleep - A massage chair promotes healthy, quality and deep sleep. It has no side effects A short session before you go to bed at night helps you to rest better and to recover your body. It prevents stress and relaxes both the mind and the body. Hence, you will be able to fall asleep faster and without difficulties.
- Relieves stress and boosts metabolism- A daily session relieves mental and emotional stress, boosts your immune system and metabolism. Furthermore, it increases blood cells that help you to fight diseases. By alleviating stress, you will be able to control your blood pressure, appetite, and quality of sleep.
- Eases the symptoms of PMS - Some of the most common symptoms that a massage chair treats are bloating and mood swings. Additionally, it provides a healthier overall being and a relaxed mind during this sensitive period of the month.
- Helps when withdrawing from drugs - The study published in the Journal of alternative and complementary medicine in New York showed that chair massage could benefit people withdrawing from drugs.
- Alleviates headaches – A massage chair could alleviate headaches for individuals who suffer from them on a daily basis. By removing the headrest and by placing the rollers right at the base of your skull, you could ease migraines.
- Pushes toxins away - A massage chair helps you with the function of the lymphatic drainage system by pushing toxins away from your cells. That way, your body breaks them down. Therefore, more nutrients could travel into your cells.
- Relieves cancer symptoms - The research published by the Complementary therapies in clinical practice showed that patients in a cancer care hospital experienced relaxation, relief of anxiety, distraction and comfort by using a massage chair. This illness causes pain, fatigue or nausea and, by using a massage chair, you could relieve and suppress all of these symptoms.
- Improves your feet and joint health – You could use a massage chair as a remedy for your aching feet. Many chairs now include foot and calf units.
People who work at the office struggle with musculoskeletal discomfort and joint problems.
As it’s shown in the study published by the Journal of alternative and complementary medicine in New York, a chair massage has a plethora of benefits for individuals who work at the desk by preventing the pain.
- Improves mobility - Your body will be able to move with better mobility due to relaxed muscles. A massage session could improve your posture and balance.
Best Time Of Year To Buy a Massage Chair
Since a massage chair requires a big budget, it’s important to look for discounts and suitable deals to save money. By waiting for the right opportunity to buy a massage chair, you could find a quality and durable chair for a small price.
Almost every store offers discounts during Christmas, Thanksgiving and Black Friday season. Having a chair could be a beneficial investment for those who don’t want to pay for a professional massage therapist.
A massage session will relax your system and relieve muscle tension. Improved circulation and maximize blood flow to your tissues have a big impact on your blood pressure and sleep.
By experimenting with power, function, reclines, and positions, you will put your mind and body at ease and you’ll enjoy a massage session from home.