HoMedics is a reliable brand name in the world of massagers.
Although it’s not the best foot massager brand, it manufactures and retails functional massagers that alleviate achy feet. Most HoMedics massagers are in the low to very-low price range, but they all come with a 2-year warranty, which makes them value-for-money choices.
Most reviewers say that HoMedics foot massagers reduced their feet swelling and pain from plantar fasciitis and neuropathy, but they’re not happy with all of HoMedics massagers features.
What are the best HoMedics Shiatsu massagers?
What complaints do reviewers have? Let's find out...
5 Best HoMedics Shiatsu Foot Massagers Review & Models (Updated List)
1. Air Pro Foot Massager (FMS-350H)
HoMedics FMS-350H product is similar to Air Elite and features the following functions:
This device is compact, easy to move, easy to clean thanks to its removable inner cover, and boasts comfortable foot sockets.
Although this is a good product, HoMedics Shiatsu Air 2.0 Pro product is the improved version.
- The heat function starts slowly so that you won’t feel it at first.
- The compression massage can feel tough on your toes if you have bigger-sized foot.
2. (FMS-270H) Triple Action Deep Kneading Foot Massager with Heat product
HoMedics FMS-270H shiatsu foot massager is a good choice if you’re on a budget because:
- The heat function isn’t very strong, which is good for relaxing but not so good for therapeutic benefits.
- The rollers protrude through the thin fabric for a vigorous massage which not everybody likes. You can wear shoes or two pairs of socks if you want a gentler kneading.
- This device is somewhat noisy, although you won’t have to turn up your TV volume too much.
3. Deluxe (FMS-150H) product
The FMS-150H is another budget-friendly device with:
- An innovative design with four rotational heads that feature ten massage nodes in total. The smaller heads are located inside, the bigger heads, and you will shift your feet on this massager to focus on certain painful areas.
- Opposite rotational motions. As the nodes move in opposite directions, the massage is deeper and more life-like. This movement is good for relaxation and pain relief, especially if you suffer from neuropathy or PF.
- Soothing heat. The heat is warm, not hot, which is very relaxing.
- Easy-to-use control. The center control is toe-touch activated, and you can use it to start the device and to turn the heat on or off.
- The design can accommodate people with small to large shoe-sizes, but you can’t massage your heels and toes simultaneously.
- From user reviews: The heating temperature doesn’t get hot.
- You need to wear socks because the massage heads aren’t covered with anything.
4. FM-CR Foot Pleaser Foot Massager
The HoMedics FM-CR product, aka The Foot Pleaser, has a worthy name because it features:
- Four rotational massage heads, each with two nodes that move in opposite directions. This stimulates the blood flow, and it feels very life-like. The result is a relaxing, deep-tissue experience for pain relief.
- Open design so you can move your feet as you need to. For instance, you can press into the device to increase the intensity of your left foot’s toe massage, while you can lightly touch the heel of your right foot into the massager for a gentler experience.
- Soothing heat for achy feet after you’ve been standing on your feet all day, which reduces swelling.
- Toe-touch center control is conveniently located in the center of this device and comes with LED illumination.
- The motor isn’t very strong, and this device isn’t sturdy enough to last you years.
- It’s not ergonomic for prolonged use because of the angle it keeps your knees when you’re sitting.
- Some user reviews pointed out that you need to wear socks.
This homedics foot massager has positive reviews in terms of its functionality as even dissatisfied customers admit it’s good for pain relief, but not in terms of its sturdiness and design.
5 Shiatsu Air Max Heated Foot Massager (FMS-305H)
The 305H model FM-S product from HoMedics looks like joint house slippers, and it’s exactly that comfortable.
This product features:
- Air pressure tightens and releases sore muscles to improve blood circulation. There are three air massage intensities to choose from: low, medium, and high.
- Easy-to-use center control panel with toe-touch buttons.
- Removable inner cloth for low-maintenance.
- Optional heat for soothing massages.
- Deep-kneading Shiatsu nodes that mimic the same pressure and finger movements of a real-life massage therapist. There are seven nodes on each of your heels, plus five on your toes and front part of your foot, covered by a plush material. Therefore, the nodes don’t penetrate your soles uncomfortably, though the massage feels firm enough on your pressure points.
- It can’t massage the sides of your feet and your ankles.
- The air compression massage doesn’t push your soles into the Shiatsu nodes like other massagers.
- The heat isn’t very strong
However, most reviewers agree that the FMS-305H is a good device for pain release and soothing sore muscles thanks to the Shiatsu nodes.
Warranty & Service
All HoMedics devices come with a limited 2-year warranty.
You can get HoMedics massager from Walmart, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Boots, Costco, or Amazon with a 2-year warranty. But if you buy the product from their website, you get a 30-day money-back guarantee. That said, the HoMedics customer service is friendly and reliable, and they can assist in solving various issues or returning the device.
How To Use HoMedics Foot Massagers / Buyer's Manual
You can read more details on the instruction manual, but here’s the gist of it:
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you know so many things about HoMedics products, let’s see how massagers work:
Is a Foot Massager Good for Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis?
Yes, massagers are good for both these conditions. Let me explain why:
PF is a swelling of your plantar fascia, a tissue that stretches from your toes to your heels. Massagers, thanks to functions like heat, vibration, and massage nodes, decrease that swelling, therefore, reducing pain. Neuropathy happens when the nerve endings in your feet are destroyed as a symptom of various illnesses, including diabetes.
As a result, you have numb, cold feet, a diminished range of motion, and less mobility. Foot massagers improve circulation to your feet and activate those nerve endings. It has also been scientifically proven that foot massages improve neuropathy. Foot and calf massagers are your best choices for neuropathy because they activate blood circulation to behind your knees.
How Often Should You Use a Foot Massager?
The answer depends on your reason for using a foot massager. Most brands recommend using their devices once per day, up to 30 minutes.
However, your GP might advise you to use the massager differently. For instance, people with neuropathy benefit from hour-long Thai massages with variable intensities.
Do Foot Massager Improve Circulation?
Yes, they do, and that’s why they can alleviate the symptoms of so many conditions, including neuropathy and plantar fasciitis.
How Many Times a Day Can I Use a Foot Massager?
The thing with foot massagers is, there are so many variations, that how often they can be used varies from person to person, depending on your foot and the use that you're going for. I'm certainly not the most expert when it comes to foot massagers, but if I were, to sum up the main differences between the different foot massagers, it would be: A foot-shaped foot massager is best for people who are trying to get rid of calluses, or if you're taking steps to prevent the development of calluses. It is best for people who are trying to get rid of calluses, or if you're taking steps to prevent the development of calluses. A normal-shaped foot massager will work on people with normal feet.
It Will work on people with normal feet. A non-bendable foot massager is best for people who are walking a lot and or want to prevent calluses from forming. It Is best for people who are walking a lot and or want to prevent calluses from forming. A foot massager that contours to the arch are best for people who are looking to keep their arches healthy. It is best for people who are looking to keep their arches healthy. A heel-shaped foot massager is best for people with flat feet who are trying to reduce the appearance of varicose veins.
Final Verdict on HoMedics Massagers. Alternatives?
HoMedics massager products, in general, are of good quality as you can figure out from my review.
The Air Pro is their best model because it offers the most comprehensive massages on all parts of your feet, and the heat function is therapeutic, not just lukewarm. While most HoMedics foot massagers are good, you can consider other brands, like Miko, Belmint, or Brookstone.
In my opinion, the best foot massager is MedMassager MMF06 because:
Hope you enjoyed my HoMedics Foot Massager Review &buyers guide!