Panasonic — the brand name itself is enough to inspire trust among consumers.
Being a Japanese company founded in 2018, the electronics giant has earned accolades from around the world for its TVs, Refrigerators, ACs and so much more.
But what about massage chairs?
Have they been able to be successful on this front as well?
I set out to answer that question by testing close to ten products but found only three of them lived up to the advertised standards.
However, before you spend your hard-earned cash on any of their top-of-the-line products, take some time out to read my review.
Today, I’m going to be reviewing three of my top choices in the lineup and comparing them to my favorite models from other brands.
Who will win? Read on to find out!
Best Models in 2022
|Panasonic EP MA70||Price|
Panasonic Massage Chair Reviews
Panasonic EP MA70 Massage Chair
My first choice is the EP MA70 from Panasonic, which scores well on both comfort and design.
It also offers quite a few attractive features that ensure a relaxing and rejuvenating massage experience for the user.
- It has an S-track design and heated quad rollers with 3D massage heads.
- It offers 6 massage styles, namely, Ultra Knead or “Junetsu” massage style, shiatsu, kneading, rolling, tapping.
- You also get 6 preset auto massage options: Refresh, Hip, Deep, Neck/Shoulder, Shiatsu, and Lower Back.
- The model consists of 33 airbags that provide full-body compression massages.
- It provides calf and feet massages with separate massage rollers.
- Additionally, it offers a memory storage function and a 3D body scan feature.
The model features heated quad rollers with 3D massage heads that go on an S-track to thoroughly massage your spinal column from the neck to your lower back region.
The heated rollers tap in the warmth and therapeutic energy into your body to alleviate aches and pains caused by knotted nerves and veins.
It relaxes stiff muscles and helps the body to recover and regain its stamina.
The air-massage feature in this model uses 33 airbags to deliver compression massages to your shoulders, back, hands, arms, legs, and feet.
This helps to instantly de-stress and refresh the body and release tension from the muscles.
This is one aspect that I particularly adore.
The Ultra Knead massage techniques are also known as the “Junetsu” massage style provide fine and thumb-like circular motions to relax the body, improving blood circulation.
The “tapping” style can be used in combination with the massage techniques.
You can also save your customized massages in the memory storage slots that are featured in this model.
- 3D heated quad massage rollers
- Comfortable design
- Provides strong back massages, ideal for treating chronic backaches
- Non-extendable ottoman
- Non-adjustable features
It lacks several other important attributes that you can easily get in other standard full-body massage chairs with a human touch in the same price range.
In my opinion, the Infinity IT-8500 and the 8500x3 are much better alternatives for this Panasonic model.
These offer way more features in almost the same price range as the EP MA70.
The features of both these models have been discussed for you in the following sections. Take a look!
- It comes with quad rollers on an S-track design that provides thorough massages from your neck to the lower back region.
- This model comes with 38 airbags that deliver compression air massages to the whole of your upper body including your head, neck, shoulders, arms, legs, and feet.
- The zero-gravity feature in this chair achieves an even body-weight distribution, facilitating blood circulation and providing a “floating” sensation. It offers two zero-gravity seating positions.
- It offers 6 massage styles: Kneading, Tapping, Kneading and Tapping, Knocking (Percussion), Dual-Action and Shiatsu.
- There are 4 auto massage programs available, namely, Recover, Refresh, Extend, and Relax.
- This model also gives you the benefit of “spot massages” to the required area, lumbar heating, and body stretch and twist features.
- Comes with sensors located in the upper part of the chair body that alters the massage motions according to the user body type.
- Delivers massages via 6 high-coverage airbags.
- Consists of 8-foot rollers on the footrest that massages the soles of your feet
- Highly efficient 3D massage rollers that provide deep tissue massages and help to treat chronic and acute aches and pains.
Panasonic EP MA10
My second pick would be The Panasonic EP MA10. This massage chair comes with a limited range of basic features.
Although it is not the best one out there when it comes to functions, it does have a couple of features that are exclusive to the model.
- It comes with quad massage rollers and an S-track design.
- It offers 3 kinds of massage styles, namely, kneading, tapping, rolling; and 4 pre-programmed massage routines: Deep, Swedish, Neck/Shoulder, Lower back, and a body stretch feature for the lower back, legs, and hips.
- This model offers two other massage routines for the neck, which are: Neck Knead and Neck Shiatsu.
- It has fourteen airbags that provide you with compression massages.
- The calf and foot massages are delivered by foot rollers and airbags in the calf region.
The model offers the benefits of quad massage rollers on an S-track that goes down from your neck to the glutes and delivers vigorous massages to the spinal column and lower back region.
The chair provides deep tissue and shiatsu massages and also numerous combinations for you to customize according to your requirements.
You also get a stretching feature that alleviates joint aches in your legs, hips, and lowers back.
This aspect may not be the most talked about, but I love it.
This model also offers the knead and shiatsu massage styles for your neck. It helps to cure aches and stiffness in the neck.
These neck and shoulder massages also help to prevent ailments like cervical spondylosis, fibromyalgia, and other spine-related issues by activating the pressure points on the back, spine, and neck.
- Ideal for people with chronic pain in the neck or shoulders.
- Offers several heat massage combinations.
- Offers lower back stretch feature
- Limited feature range
- No heating feature available in this model
One of the best models in this price range would be the Kahuna LM6800 that brings a range of attractive and useful features, having a lot of health benefits to it.
- The zero-gravity feature in this model offers your three seating positions for the ultimate “floating in mid-space” sensation.
- It has 2D quad rollers that go on an L-track design to deliver vigorous massage from your neck down to your very glutes.
- It has a vibratory seat function and heating in the calf and lumbar region; this helps treat joint aches and energizes the body and mind.
- The Yoga Stretch feature in this model stretches your spinal column, the torso, and the hamstrings.
- It has 36 airbags with 3 intensity levels for full-body air massage, dual foot rollers for the feet, and a detachable footrest for cleaning purposes.
- It also offers a smart body scan and employs effective noise reduction technology for a peaceful massage experience.
Additionally, this model has been acknowledged as medical equipment by the FDA.
It is space-efficient and a reliable product from the brand Kahuna. Those are pretty great features if you ask me.
Panasonic EP MA73KU Massage Chair
The Panasonic EP MA73KU offers a range of attractive features for a satisfying experience and is my third favorite pick.
The model focuses more on the pressure points and reflexes of the body; and is an ideal solution for chronic, acute, and subacute pains.
- It comes equipped with heated 3D massage rollers with adjustable intensities.
- It provides 6 fully customizable manual modes namely, Rolling, Swedish, Kneading, Shiatsu, Tapping, and Junetsu Ultra Kneading.
- It also has a body-stretch feature for the pelvic, back, and neck areas.
- There are 6 preset auto massages that you get: Deep, Refresh, Shiatsu, Lower Back, Neck, and Shoulder and Hip.
- This model also consists of airbags in the armrest which provides arm and hand massages.
- The airbag structure consists of 33 airbags with adjustment settings that provide full-body compression air massages.
- Additionally, it offers a full-body 3D scan, a memory storage function, foot rollers, auto recline, and adjustable armrest settings, and also an extendable ottoman.
The first feature that strikes out is the heated 3D massage rollers, which combine the goodness of invigorating and penetrative massages with therapeutic massage heat.
The chair also consists of an extensive airbag structure that delivers compression massages to the body.
You can also get the benefit of airbags in the armrest that provides hand and arm air massages.
The ultra kneads, or junetsu massage style offers thorough massages in circular motions to your back.
This activates the pressure point and facilitates blood circulation everywhere in the body.
It greatly helps in relaxing the mind by releasing tension and stress from the blocked-up muscle.
The air massages provided by the 33 airbags reduce hypertension and stress.
Combined with the different auto massages, it helps prepare the body for sleep and soothes the mind.
You get the benefit of heated foot rollers that de-stresses the body from the “feet-up.”
The body-stretch feature helps soothe stiff muscles and joints in your neck, pelvic, and lower back region.
You can also store your customized massage combinations in the memory storage feature in the chair.
- Offers a range of useful features
- Adjusts taller height ranges
- Adjustable massage features.
- Bulky and difficult to assemble
The EP MA73KU offers a nice range of features, offering energizing massages with adjustable intensity levels.
The model is priced quite high, especially for the quality, it offers.
And that is not just my opinion.
To me, Luraco makes for a way better alternative when it comes to massage chairs in this price range.
You get a lot more features and benefits than this Panasonic model could offer.
Here are some of its top features.
- It offers you a natural S-track design with 3D rollers and customizable intensities.
- The zero-gravity feature offers 3 seating positions; it facilitates blood and lymphatic fluid circulation and increases lung capacity.
- It provides several massage combinations such as tapping, kneading, kneading and tapping, Swedish, and full Shiatsu styles for deep tissue massages.
- It allows you the benefit of spot massages for your shoulders, head, neck, upper and lower back, and feet.
- The model offers you 9 preset auto massage programs with extensive heat facilities in the lumbar, seat, and calves and an elaborate airbag structure.
- The memory function in this chair allows you to store up to 5 customized massage styles.
- Additionally, it offers you a full-body scan, built-in mp3 support, body stretch feature, heart rate, and blood pressure monitoring.
This chair offers kneading massages for the upper body area.
It offers a reclining angle between 120 degrees and 170 degrees.
This chair provides efficient foot massages and a comfortable fit for taller height ranges.
However, the feature quotient is very low for this model, and it can be replaced with stronger alternatives from other brands.
This model offers 5 preset programs and 8 manual operations that include massage techniques and styles like Shiatsu, Swedish, Deep Tissue, and Ultra Junetsu massages.
It consists of 36 airbags and a memory function to store customizable massages.
Panasonic EP1285KL Chair
The EP1285KL offers you basic massage features such as kneading, tapping, Swedish, and Shiatsu.
It has a comfortable design as well as a wide-angle recline of up to 170 degrees.
It also provides airbag massages for your legs and feet and a stretch feature for the body.
Panasonic EP MA70KX
This model comes with heated 3D ceramic rollers for massaging your back, shoulders, and neck.
It provides a few ordinary massages and stretches features for the hands, lower body, legs, thighs, and feet.
It also provides separate rollers for the feet, that are attached to the hideaway ottoman.
Even though these Panasonic models offer good quality and design, they do not present any innovative or updated features that you get in other brands.
Best Features to Look for?
The Panasonic Chair comes with all the important controls as with any other chair. It has a wireless remote control and a face-button setup. These buttons allow one to adjust the massage. Other than that, there is a foot pedal that assists to increase and decrease the massage intensity. The Panasonic Chair has an armrest with a safety belt to prevent the user from falling. One has to keep hold of it with the lever on the remote control to remain upright. I must say that I am impressed with the control over the massage intensity. Most massagers on the market have control buttons only in a similar direction as the massager. They are difficult to use, require hands full and the overall effort is exhausting. The Panasonic has all the buttons in a different directions so that it is easy to operate.
Is a Massage Chair a Good Investment?
As a couple, you have finally figured out that you need to spend some time at a spa. But it can get pricey, and finding a high-quality time waster can be difficult. But wait, there's more. Before you invest in a Real Pro Ultra massage chair or full-body scrubber, you should be aware of the implications of buying such items. After all, this is not like buying another chair or a good book. From our experience, these are big-ticket items that people buy because they need them and love them. But just as with fashion or television, once they spend big bucks on a device, the desire to spend more money on them doesn't seem to make much sense.
People also often become disillusioned with them, too. As with anything, the novelty wears off. Once you have used your massage chair for a couple of weeks, you have probably come to the conclusion that it was a short-lived and wasteful purchase. You could have bought a cup of coffee from Starbucks for half the price. You could have had a haircut at the local barbershop for less than the price of your massage chair. You can easily spend $500 on a massage chair and get the same massage as the price of the chair.
Can Massage Chairs Hurt Your Back?
Most of the time when we take a chair for a test drive, it’s more of an examination than a conclusion. If you’re not familiar with them, massage chairs aren’t necessarily all that comfortable. When you spend too much time in them, the fatigue that’s accumulated throughout the day becomes exacerbated. But what if that’s just not your style? Or if the family is in town, or you have a lot of work to do? Maybe you’re just looking to be more productive, but if your chair wasn’t built for that, there are ways you can make it work for you.
Our Best Massage Chairs For Your Money. We’ve put together a list of the best chair for your money, offering up options that will meet the needs of your life whether you’re looking for a general-use chair or a desk chair that can give you the ultimate relaxation session. And before you look into massages, make sure to check with your doctor first. Most of the chairs on this list may not be right for you if your back is already damaged.
Every good editor needs a good chair. But just like your laptop, you want something that will last. We recommend this Panasonic MAJ7 model. As a cordless, rechargeable massager, it has everything you need for a good session, all in one portable package. Today’s Micro-USB charging station provides much more than a source of current. It comes with enough juice to power the devices that it connects to. A growing range of devices, from monitors to your fitness watch, is now using USB-C to connect to the mains for power and charging. The Panasonic EP MA73 from is a multipurpose USB charger that will work as a mains charger or provide power to other devices.
Are Massage Chairs Good for Your Muscles?
Yeah, you read it right. It's legit, and not a "she tried it once and wasn't a fan so she never tried it again" story. We actually got some professional advice from Dr. Marten Hazen, MD, a chiropractor and author of Remedy: A Rejuvenating Sports Massage Therapy Manual and The IT Exercise, to tell us what types of massages work best for us to get our muscles back in shape. Turns out, there's a proven method that's scientifically backed, and it doesn't involve rolling around on a massage table. Read on for his insight on how massage works, and how to use it to maximize its benefits.
Is Sitting in a Massage Chair Good for You?
If you want to ease the pain from a headache, massage may do the trick. By using pressure points on specific parts of the body, an experienced massage therapist will reduce swelling, loosen muscles, relieve pain and reduce pain medication dependence. But getting a massage isn't always easy. According to the American Massage Therapy Association, an estimated 2.2 million individuals are currently employed by the nation's 3,600 licensed massage therapists.
Many states allow people to give massages as a home occupation without a license, so your friends and loved ones may have been giving this form of therapy for years without knowing it. Why This Happens. Excessive tension can lead to headaches that can last from a few hours to a few days. A little TLC is all that is needed to help alleviate this condition, but it does take some pre-planning.
Panasonic Massage Chairs or Alternatives - Choice is Yours
Although Panasonic is a good massage chair brand and offers durability and quality in its massage chair lineup, it doesn’t quite match up to its contemporaries when it comes to features.
For the price that the Panasonic Massage Chair puts on its massage recliners, it falls short of most
others such as the Infinity, Kahuna, or Luraco models offer way more and better attributes in their lineups.